Monday, February 14, 2022

Grilled Corn Salad Recipe

Grilled Corn Salad Recipe

By Aggieskitchen

I made this last weekend when we had a ton of leftover grilled corn. I made it again this week with more leftover corn and changed things up a bit. This is one of those recipes that you can do so many different things with. It is great for a barbeque, and I am sure it would be great as a topper for some grilled meat. Maybe add some black beans and make it a dip for some tortillas. The original recipe I found on a website, http://www.recipezaar.com/ , it had black beans added to it but I just wasn’t in the mood. Here is the recipe…

Ingredients:

Dressing

  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Salad

  • 1 cup grilled fresh corn kernels (I used alot more than 1 cup)
  • 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded-and finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped

Instructions:

The first time I made it I used the jalapenos and red peppers, but added chopped poblano peppers. This past time I made it I didn’t have red onion, red peppers or jalapenos so I improvised with chopped cubanelle peppers, regular onion, orange peppers and no cilantro. It was still really good, but I would have preferred the cilantro in the second one. This is just one of those recipes you can really make your own, but if I make it again I am going to keep it close to the original plus the poblanos (one of my new favorite peppers).

Grilled Corn Salad Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment