Thursday, February 10, 2022

Jerk Pork Recipe

Jerk Pork Recipe

By Angela McGowan

In my quest to try and change up my classic pulled pork recipe again, I’ve created a jerk style pulled pork sandwich. For this recipe, I used a leaner cut of pork to cut down on the fat in the recipe, a rib end cut, but you can use a shoulder if you like. For the seasonings, I used all the classic jerk seasonings in this recipe along with some traditional bottled BBQ sauce. Alternatively you can just use a pre-made jerk seasoning. Then I just add all the ingredients to my crock pot and walk away. 8 hours later you have tender, spicy island style pork.

I served this pork on onion buns and with a simple salad. It was another easy dinner idea and a great reason to use my crock pot.

Yield: Serves 4

Jerk Pork

Ingredients:

  • 2 lb pork roast, I used rib end
  • 1 large onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • 2 teaspoons all spice
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoon molasses
  • 1/2 cup spiced rum
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce

Directions:

  1. Add all ingredients but pork to crockpot. Stir well. Add pork. Turn crockpot on low and cook for 8 hours, or till when pork is falling apart.
  2. Break pork up with a spoon, or shred with two forks.

Jerk Pork Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment