Thursday, February 10, 2022

Crispy Asian Wings Recipe

Crispy Asian Wings Recipe

By Angela McGowan

My husband loves wings, but they have to be crispy. He has searched all over town to get the perfect saucy yet still crispy Buffalo wings, because I have still not been able to perfect them to his standards. So any other wings I make, I make sure to make them nice and crispy. For this recipe, I used an idea my husband told me about. One of his Filipino coworkers had brought in some wings he loved on a potluck lunch. He said that they were made with 7-up and had a slightly sweet Asian taste. So after a little research, I came up with this. It’s similar to a Pinoy Adobo chicken marinade, but instead of being stewed and browned, the chicken is just cooked crisp. You can also make this chicken on the grill.

Yield: Serves 4

Crispy Asian Wings

Ingredients:

  • 5 lbs wings
  • 1 cup Sprite or 7-up
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 3 cloves garlic, grated
  • 3 tablespoons grated onion (from the root end)
  • 2 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients, including wings in a large bowl. Let wings marinate for approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour.

2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place wings on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until wings are deep golden brown and crisp.

Crispy Asian Wings Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment