Saturday, January 22, 2022

Tilapia over Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Chickpeas

Tilapia over Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Chickpeas

By Angela McGowan

This is one of my first very healthy meals of the year. I was cooking like this a bit more in the past, but for some reason, I have slipped back into my old habits again. This dish is one of those cleaning out the freezer dishes. As I cleaned out the bottom basket of my freezer, I found a white box without a label. My son must have gotten a hold of the box a while back and ripped off the label. To my surprise, I found artichoke hearts in the box. Then a bag of spinach in the freezer door, and tilapia fillets all wrapped separately scattered around on the bottom of the basket. I added a few fresh ingredients, the tomatoes and carrots. Then I added some healthy chickpeas. I always make sure I have canned chickpeas or beans in my cupboard. The end result was a very delicious and nutritious meal.

Yield: Serves 4

Tilapia over Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Chickpeas

Ingredients:

  • 1-2 fillets of Tilapia per person
  • The juice of 1 lemon
  • Steak or Grill Seasoning, I used one with mustard seed and sea salt
  • 1 small package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted
  • 1 lb frozen package spinach, defrosted
  • 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
  • 2 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add Tilapia to a baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice over fish. Sprinkle with grill seasoning.
  2. Add all vegetables to a separate baking dish. Mix together.
  3. Bake fish and vegetables at 450 degrees until fish is flaky, and vegetables are heated through.

Tilapia over Spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Chickpeas Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment