Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Spiced Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe

Spiced Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe

By Aggieskitchen

The minute I saw the recipe for the Campaign Trail Mix I knew it would be good... I made some for the grownups to snack on at our little kiddie Halloween Party tonight at our house... it’s so tasty I can’t stop picking at it... I hope there will be some left for the party! I love the sweetness the brown sugar gives it and the kick of the cayenne, and I couldn’t resist sprinkling some cinnamon on it for some extra spice.

Spiced Popcorn Snack Mix

Ingredients:

  • 8 cups air-popped popcorn
  • 1 cup roasted peanuts
  • 1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
  • 7 TB butter
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (I used Saigon cinnamon, does anyone know the difference, its seems to have more flavor than regular cinnamon…)
  • Salt and Pepper

Instructions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the popcorn, peanuts and pumpkin seeds.
  2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Whisk in the brown sugar and cayenne until bubbling and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Transfer to a foil lined baking sheet. Form small clumps of the popcorn mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake until toasted, 40 minutes. Let it cool completely.
  4. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Spiced Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment