Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Recipe

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Recipe

By Angela McGowan

I love pulled pork, but I’ve been doing it the same way for so long, I thought it was time for a change in flavor. I got my inspiration for this recipe from Sandra Lee. I know alot of people don’t seem to like her at all, but I do like the ideas behind many of her recipes. I made some changes from her original recipe to something that was better suited to our tastes and a little more “homemade.” The sauce has a great Hawaiian flavor with added pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce. It’s a little sweet and little spicy. You can adjust the amount of sriracha to get the spicy flavor just the way you like it. We added 3 tablespoons, and it wasn’t too spicy for my son to enjoy a huge sandwich.

Yield: Serves 4

Hawaiian Pulled Pork

Ingredients:

  • 1 - 3.5 lb pork shoulder, boston butt
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon or more hot chili sauce (sriracha) Optional
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger

Directions:

1. Add all ingredients but pork to crockpot. Stir well. Add pork. Turn crockpot on low and cook for 8 hours, or till when pork is falling apart.

2. Break pork up with a spoon, or shred with two forks. Sauce should be pretty thick, if it's still two thin, turn crock pot to high until it thickens.

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment