Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Greek Chicken and Vegetable “Fried” Rice

Greek Chicken and Vegetable “Fried” Rice

By Aggieskitchen

Sometimes the best meals come out of those days you play “Use it Up” in the kitchen. I play that game a lot…as I’m sure many of you do too! This meal consisted of leftover grilled chicken that I spiced up with Greek Seasoning (you can mix up your own with salt, pepper, dried oregano, garlic powder) and a bunch of vegetables that I had sitting in my produce drawer begging to be eaten.

I call this dish fried rice because after sauteing the vegetables and cooking the rice, I threw it all in the same pan with the leftover chicken and “fried” it together... and the real reason is because my picky son likes fried rice and I wanted him to eat it! And thankfully he did (squash, zucchini, asparagus and all = accomplishment!)

Greek Chicken and Vegetable “Fried” Rice

Ingredients:

  • 1 box Rice a Roni Whole Grains Chicken and Herb Classico
  • leftover chicken, chopped or shredded (I used grilled Greek seasoned chicken for this, but you can subsitute any chicken)
  • 1-2 TB olive oil
  • 1 -2 zucchini, chopped small
  • 1-2 squash, chopped small
  • bunch of asparagus, chopped small
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • shredded parmesan cheese
  • toasted pine nuts, optional

Instructions:

Cook rice according to directions.

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chopped vegetables, salt and pepper to taste, and saute at med-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked. Once vegetables are cooked, add chicken and rice to skillet and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes. Toss to combine flavors, add toasted pine nuts if using. Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.

Greek Chicken and Vegetable “Fried” Rice Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment