Sunday, February 13, 2022

Coffee Cake Cookies Recipe

Coffee Cake Cookies Recipe

By Angela McGowan

Raise your hand if you love coffee cake! I know it may seem a little old-fashioned, something grandma would serve, but I don’t care, I can’t get enough of it. It’s one of my favorite sweet goodies. But I will agree that coffee cake or muffins can be a little boring, so when one of my favorite baking mix brands, Krusteaz asked me to “Seize the What If” and create a recipe that inspires other home chefs to bake outside the box, I jumped at the opportunity,

So I took my favorite mix Krusteaz makes, the crumb cake, and made this cute little coffee cake cookies.

I made these in the same way you would make cake mix cookies. I just decreased the amount of liquid until the batter was much thicker. Then I scooped the batter on the cookie sheet and baked them.

To get the cookies to hold the best part of a coffee cake, the crumb, I used the back of my cookie scoop to make a well in the cookie to hold all that delicious crumb. Then I piled on the sweet, cinnamon goodness.

These cookies bake up in just minutes and are perfect to serve guests with tea of coffee.

Yield: Serves 24

Coffee Cake Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 package Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake and Muffin Mix
  • 1 egg
  • 5 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 350°. Combine cake mix, egg and oil in a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Batter will be very thick, you may have to use your hands to get all the dry and wet incorporated.
  2. Spoon batter by the tablespoon onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Use the back of the spoon or cookie scoop to make a well in the batter.
  3. Spoon crumb topping high on each cookie.
  4. Bake at 350° for 10 - 12 minutes, or until cookie is set.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 84 calories, 5 grams of fat*

Coffee Cake Cookies Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment