Friday, February 11, 2022

Sausage and Peppers Salad Recipe

Sausage and Peppers Salad Recipe

By Angela McGowan

I just love sausage and peppers. Whether it’s in a sandwich, with pasta, or on a pizza. Since everyone in my family loves it so much, I thought I would try to make a healthier, low carb version of one of our favorite dinners.

For this salad, I simply made it with lots of fresh sliced bell peppers and a small head of radicchio. Then I topped the salad with browned Italian sausage. To make this salad even more figure friendly, you could use lower fat Italian turkey or chicken sausage. For a dressing, I just drizzled over balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Yield: Serves 4

Sausage and Peppers Salad

Ingredients:

  • 5 links sweet or hot Italian sausage, sliced and sauteed
  • 1 large green pepper, sliced
  • 1 large red pepper, sliced
  • 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil
  • 1 small head radicchio, torn

Directions:

  1. Saute sausage in a large skillet with a little olive oil until done and no longer pink.
  2. Combine sliced bell peppers, onion and radicchio in a salad bowl. Top with cooked sausage. Drizzle over balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste.

Sausage and Peppers Salad Recipe Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment